Skip to main content

Ctrl+P

It really takes a lot of hard work and dedication to create a sculpture. The visible creations that we could see are now only limited to pottery or even the Hindu Goddesses during the yearly affaire or for that matter the last visit to a archaeological site or an ancient temple.

The visual art creation all started many many years back around (24,000–22,000 BC), "Venus of Willendorf", "Lion man of the Hohlenstein Stadel" to name a few from that time. Time moved on and the world got to see many a wonder notedly "Michelangelo's Moses", "Moai from Easter Island", "Nuremberg sculptor Adam Kraft", "Venus de Milo", "Michelangelo, The Statue of David", "Ashoka Pillar, Vaishali, Bihar" and many more.

The fast paced life has also brought some radical changes to life and the latest addition to it is 3D Printing

3D Printing is a process of making a three-dimensional solid object of virtually any shape form a digital model.

With Windows 8.1, Microsoft is going to have native support for 3D printing. Check out the link to get an idea on what it's all about. 

And, there is "Twinkind", checkout the link to see where we are heading for.

So the next time you press a "Ctrl+P", you may end up printing a completely different thing. 

Now, that's what we call a shortcut.

…till then as I always say keep exploring...

Names of sculptures taken from Wiki
3D Printing video from Channel9

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frankly Frankenstein

Friends , it's utterly true that we want to progress but how much is too much is the small question in this big wide world. As technology tangents to a whole new level, each passing present profoundly preaches that what is done is a way too small and what's coming is the next best. As information become less informed to humans and more to robots it's quite a difficult phase that we humans are stepping into. As a part of the coder's life,  I live each new day writing scripts that would automate a thing or two. It's hay day for many like me but presumably, we are preparing an invisible workforce that surely would rise up and question our existence. So you may ask, it's early days of. AI. And it's a long way to go. So not to worry as you sip that coffee. It may sound more like a SciFi flick, but rest assured the future is closer than we think. With bots becoming commonplace, soon we will have "fleshless friends", who will know you before you

the past antonym

Hi Friends, Whats Up? Today I am thinking of taking you guys through a wonder walk into a day in the future. Well, not by force, but if you will. The future is shaping up so fast that I found it utterly hard to visualize how more futuristic future could be. So let me try & lets get started. It’s just dawn, and I am busy finishing up the climax of my dream, as I cozily grip my pillow which has by now travelled a long distance from my head and now between my legs. I suddenly get a gentle tap on my back which I momentarily thought it to be a continuation of my dream, but a tad later I realised that it’s “ASIMO - the robot from Honda”, my helping mate. It’s been a month that he is with me, and I tell you, he is family.  As I woke up from my dream and start realising the environment around, the giant digital wall embrace me with the weather, appointments and important activities that are lined up for the day. Everything looks perfectly set, just that the weather would be

Watch Keeper

This was originated from the word woecce which meant "watchman", because it was used by town watchmen to keep track of their shifts. Yes you guessed it right, today's point of discussion is "watches".  You may be curious by now, why such a topic? I don't have time but I do have a watch. Well, never ever did "Peter Hele" knew during the 15th century that his invention would in the 21st century spread that ripple around.  Here comes iWatch, supposedly the next big venture from Apple. Well, it's not only Apple who wants a pie of it, but joining with equal pride are the guys from "Pebble", "Sony", "MotoACTV" and many more. And why not, the trend is catching up like wild-fire and you never know it may just peek from your sleeves when some asks you "What's the time by your iWatch?" … till then keep exploring ...